Today I got a problem in My favorite browser Google Chrome. When i tried to open any websites, I received error because the DNS lookup failed With error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
The server at any website can’t be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website’s name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
I tried few methods and solved this problem error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN or DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN in Google Chrome.
So here I’m going to show you the easiest way to fix this problem on Google Chrome and working on other browsers too. When you try to open any website or webpage, you received the error and it’s say Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN or DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN,
Trick 1: By Changing the DNS Address
- Right click on Network icon and click Open Network and Sharing Center
- Click “Change adapter settings” (top left side).
- Now right click on your active Network Connection (WiFi, LAN, Ethernet, etc.) and click om Properties.
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click Properties.
- Click Use the following DNS server addresses: and add below server addresses and click OK.
- Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Trick 2: By Chrome Flags Resetting
- Type “chrome://flags/” in address bar and press Enter.
- Now click “Reset all to default” button (Right Side) and Re-launch Google Chrome. That’s it.
Trick 3: By Using CMD (Command Prompt)
Follow simple solutions to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in Google Chrome.
- Run CMD as an administrator or open CMD – Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Run below command one by one.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
Now Restart your PC. That’s it, now check your Internet connection.